Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Downsizing

I'm seriously considering down sizing my Internet presence.

I've already eliminated my neglected (almost unused) twitter and myspace accounts. Now I'm debating eliminating my too frequently used Facebook account. It isn't that I don't like Facebook, it's that I spend too much time on there, being nosey and babbling on my status. In the process my little blog gets neglected. Things I would post here get a few sentence blurb there and they never see the light of day here. I consider the journal here a good indication of life, my thoughts and my family, but records aren't being kept when they are wasted there.

I've attempted deactivating my Facebook, but to reactivate you just log back in. That's far too easy. I may wait until the baby comes so I can alert friends to her arrival, but I haven't decided yet. I also find it strange and frustrating that I have over 350 friends. Yeah, I'm a friendly person and I know a lot of people, but seriously, that is ridiculous. Do most of them really care, or is it just nosiness? I'm leaning toward the latter. I've down graded from over 400. That's just nuts.

For now I will try to pay more attention to my little blog and less to the abyss that is Facebook. I have a feeling I will soon be cutting the Facebook cord though.

No comments: