Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Breaking an addiction

I am battling an addiction. I have been fighting my computer cravings. We don’t have cable and we don’t watch a ton of TV, but I’ve been filling a lot of time in front of the “tube” still. My e-mail is piling up, but I’ve been more productive around the house. I still have a long way to go. I have resorted to turning the computer off after I use it every time instead of putting it to sleep. I’m too impatient to let it boot up, so I just haven’t been using it. I’m even calling my mom to look the next day’s weather up on her computer. I need to get my life and family back in better order and I’m making progress.

On the illness front I am much better. Currently hay fever is still running rampant at our house and Victoria has pink eye, but we are doing very well.

Two new things are also taking my time. I started journaling a couple of weeks ago. It hasn’t been daily, but it’s a good way to vent and ponder things. I also just started a book by Dallas Willard called The Divine Conspiracy. It’s a long and in depth book. It will be taking a lot of my time as well.

This coming weekend is our only one this month with nothing planned and no long drive to go on, so I’ll try to post pictures again soon. The twins will be 4 months old on the 27th and the have both finally broken the 9 lb marker.

2 comments:

Kelly Sime said...

goodness! It's been four months already? Please post some pics of you and your family.

P.S. I've got a new blog. E-mail me at liebhaberin@yahoo.com and I'll give you the new link.

Anonymous said...

So that's why you've been pestering me about the weather. I thought you just wanted to talk. I guess I'll have to turn my computer off more so I don't know the weather. MA