Monday, August 25, 2008

Cold Turkey

These are my friends.




I've never been what I would call a caffeine addict. The things that ramp people up, don't affect me much (B Vitamins, caffeine, energy drinks). I still consume them on occasion, but not for a "high". I've been known to go months without any. As of late I have noticed a large spike in my caffeine consumption and an over all increase in fatigue. I have 3 ideas as to what is wrong. Either I'm drinking way too much caffeine (yesterday 3 DP's, 2 cups of coffee and 2 rounds of an energy spray), or my thyroid is jacked again, or both. I've never been more then a 1-2 caffeinated beverages a day type person (when I have it at all). I'm not sure what's up. While I was pregnant with Jackson I had hyperthyroidism and was diagnosed with Graves Disease. It's been in remission since he was born. I'm off for my physical an yearly blood work up Friday. Hopefully if the problem is larger like my thyroid we'll find out. Regardless, I'm giving up the caffeine cold turkey for at least a month.

It's a shame, I have a new container of coffee and almost a full 24 pack of Dr. Pepper. *Sigh* It will be torment.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Good luck on this one. I've had to give up caffeine too, but for me there's a definite negative corrolation to drinking it. I drink caffeine, I have horrible heartburn. Right away. That really reinforces my decision.

Anonymous said...

Get yourself tested for Lyme disease. You did spend a chunk of your summer on a farm, where deer tick are bound to roam. Get it checked out before it's too late.