Monday, October 27, 2008

I never said Obama wasn't a Christian.

This is in reference to a comment on the Reagan post.

I didn't say he wasn't a Christian, just that he isn't like Reagan.

His politics do not line up with many tenants of the Christian faith and principles America was founded on.

The beliefs that Reagan and Obama hold/held and how they applied them to government are different. You can't deny that. Being a Christian in no way makes them the same or even similar.

Allow me to give one basic assessment. People believe abortion is about women's right. This isn't correct. It is about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness which can not be had if you are not given a chance at the first...LIFE. This is a guaranteed right of Americans, but we deny it to many. This is just one issue that Reagan and Obama are polar opposites. I see the unborn as the least of these and for them having no voice, I see abortion as a trump (as babystepper put it).

I've read Reagan autobiography and I've read parts of Obama's...using the word Christian as a comparison point would be like saying Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin are alike, because they are women.

I've known too many people who call themselves Christian's, but it means nothing. I'm not saying his faith means nothing, but his application is vastly different from Reagan's.

No comments: