Monday, November 13, 2006

They say...

…patients is a virtue.

It’s defiantly something I need more of today. Today’s lesson was retched. I understand the concept of ADHD, but to me after reading the symptoms I think MOST (not all) kids diagnosed with it aren’t, they are just being children. Children must be taught to control the urges of childhood. Today the urges reigned supreme.

Today we had serious focus issues. Focus issues make me cranky and then I push harder. When I push harder she can’t focus even more. It’s a vicious cycle.

I hope I can remain calmer and that our work progresses better tomorrow. These are the days I question why I homeschool (not for her, but for me). My life would be much more simple without it, but I think I can provide a really great education for her with plenty of varied socialization and activities.

Some days I just have to remember what a waste of time school was (for me) and how much I hated that I could cover everything I needed in half a day in high school. I just want her to be able to learn more and experience more. I want life to be her education; I want her to expand beyond the standard confines of walls, desks and curriculum. I don’t want her to conform to what school produces I want her to excel beyond that. I know she can and that I am responsible for helping her reach that height.

I just have to find my happy place before I ram her math book down her throat. –enter chanting- I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful. (repeat)

No comments: