Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yoga and the Alternative

For those of you who know me well, you know I work out when I can. I'm not the most consistent, but I do it and I enjoy it when I do. I especially love lifting weights. I also enjoy Yoga. The Yoga I do doesn't involve meditation it is strictly an exercise video. When it is all said and done I know that Yoga is almost synonymous with Hinduism (ask any Hindi and they will agree).

I have found and alternative I am eager to buy and try. It's called Praise Moves, the Christian Alternative to Yoga. This is really interesting and they have a kids version and a non Christian version for the public school system called Power Moves.

This morning before we began Victoria's school work we did my Power Yoga for Energy video, just to get her focused. I hadn't done it in a while, but it felt really good to stretch and get myself energized. I think Praise Moves Kids would be great for her, she really liked it.

No comments: