Thursday, April 27, 2006

Morning People (Updated)

This article has an interesting concept of how to become a morning person (it also links to this). I’m not a morning person and after having kids I’m not a night owl either (I am on occasion, but not like I used to be). After I go put the kids to bed, I am wiped out and ready for bed whether I’m really sleepy or not. My kids sleep a pretty normal (for their age) 10-12 hours. I just stay asleep with them. I need to learn how to get up. I can accomplish soooo much before they wake up. I may try this, this weekend and next week. If it works for me maybe it will work for Jonathan (he is KING of the snooze button).

Do you abuse the snooze button? Do you have tips on being a morning person?

UPDATE

Jonathan has expressed interest in this sleep technique in the past (he read somewhere Thomas Edison used it). The gist is you sleep in 20-30 minute increments every 4 hours. You are rested like sleeping through the night, but you only sleep 2-3 hours a day. It’s the power nap on steroids. With such a good plan maybe we should give it a try. This may be all we get after having the twins anyway.

No comments: