Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Repierced

I had my ears pierced when I was 13.  I sat at the kitchen table with ice on my ear and my mother stabbed my ear with a needle.

When I was 18 I added a 2nd, 3rd and 4th (cartilage) hole to my right ear and a 2nd on my left.  Those were done with a piercing gun and against my mothers wishes.  I paid for it with my own money and I managed to keep my ears covered for 2 months.

I let the 2nd and 3rd holes close.  The 4th never did.  

Over the years I've stopped wearing earring, except on Sundays or on the rare occasion that I get really "ready".  Then my 1st holes closed.  Yesterday I repierced them at home.  

V doesn't have her ears pierced and I told her that when she was ready to take care of them she could, but that she had to take responsibility for cleaning and care.

She found it a little freaky that I just stabbed myself.

I'm debating taking her to get them done or going the kitchen chair route when she's ready.  They both hurt equally (not that bad).  Do you have an opinion?

1 comment:

Carina said...

I'd definitely go for the gun at the store version. Then you get the piercing and the earring insertion at the same time, instead of in two steps.