Thursday, March 16, 2006

Life Happens

I will apologize for the lack of blog posts, but that doesn’t mean it will stop anytime soon.  It happens to all of us and right now the only thing I can say is, “LIFE HAPPENS!”  Nothing bad or amazing is occurring here, just life.

We are doing some painting and moving things around in prep for the babies (my mom came up to help-THANK YOU).  I am depriving myself of politics, the Internet, and *gasp* March Madness (I didn’t even fill out brackets).

I asked Jonathan to help me, get things done and to hold me accountable (all I want to do is sit or nap).  He made a statement that was initially an “OUCH”, but the more I think about it he’s right.  He told me to, “Work like this is your job.”  I’ve worked outside of our home, but I find it ironic how our discipline can change when we aren’t literally “punching” the clock.  As an employee I was out to please, making lists and doing my best.  My efficiency for my family is far less.  It wasn’t so bad in OKC when we had a house much the way we liked it; it was easy to maintain.  Here our house needs a lot of help to make it the home we want, which can be daunting.  

I’m working and I hope to give my family the “promotion” they deserve.  I hope you all are well and “working” to make your families life better.

*Update*

Whether you are a Christian or not, if you are a woman please read Proverbs 31.  I’ve read it many times, but I’m really taking it to heart now.  I have a long way to go before I am the kind of wife and mother I want to be for you family.

No comments: