Monday, March 27, 2006


Yet again, I apologize for the lack of posts.  Kelly I’m sorry I haven’t responded to your comment, when and if I get much of a chance I will.

We are still baby prepping, but that has been put on hold for some research.  I had another ultrasound on Friday.  Three weeks ago baby A & B (we haven’t decided on names, so they still get letters) were 9 oz each.  Now A is 18 oz and B is 14 oz.  A is visibly larger and has more fluid in his sack (not a good sign for either baby).  These are all signs of what may potentially be Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS).  I hadn’t been worried until I started reading up on it and now I’m a bit freaked out.  I now have ultrasounds every 2 weeks; this means I potentially have 8 more ultrasounds before they arrive (more if they increase the frequency).  They have me drinking Boost to try and slow or correct the problem, if that doesn’t solve it, they will have to do a laser surgery.  They have not “officially” diagnosed me with this, but the doctor is almost certain that this is what’s going on (we should now by the next ultrasound) and we are taking the necessary precautions.  

Please keep the crew and I in your prayers.


Kelly Sime said...

Wow! I hope everything is okay. You are in my thoughts. Don't worry about responding to me either. You have other things to fret about.

Cam said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Rachel said...

I'll be praying for y'all