Friday, September 14, 2007

Call me Coach.

Our soccer coach is out of town.

Our first game last Saturday was rained out.

I'm coaching a soccer game tomorrow!

Please don't misinterpret this as excitement. I'm scared to death. I can play soccer (at least against 8 and under girls) pretty well, I can even train them. I assist at practice as a trainer. Coaching a game is another story. This is micro soccer (4 v 4), I played full soccer. The rules and positioning is different from when I was a kid. Heck this is recreational soccer, we don't know the score unless we keep it ourselves. We were vicious, blood thirsty competitors when I played. This isn't your fathers soccer. I'm a very competitive person, I just hope I can keep that in check tomorrow.

Hopefully my head feels a little better in the morning.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Carina said...

Sorry about the sinus troubles, and good luck on your soccer plans. No screaming curses at those sweet little kids, now.