Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What kind of mother am I?

We've been teaching Jackson to say the typical bead time prayer. He has the dinner prayer down, so we are working on his bedtime one. The prayer goes like this:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
Guide and guard me through the night,
And wake me with the mornings light...(we pray for our family and forgiveness here)
Amen

Pay close attention to the bold line. I say the line and Jackson repeats it. At this line he didn't repeat it, nor will he now.

He says, "And wake me with the wooden spoon."

You would think I beat him all the time. When he says spank it sounds like wake, so I'm not sure if he wants me to wake him or spank him.

Wow, just wow.

Another classic J thing lately is he has stopped saying, "Boomer! Sooner! Go Big Red!" he now yells "Boomer! Sooner! Go To Bed!"

I wish I had deeper insight into the mind of a three year old, then again it might be too scary for me to fathom.

Good night!

1 comment:

Carina said...

They are so weird at this age. Zaya does stuff like this too, and makes life pretty crazy.