Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm embarrassed...

...to say I went to OSU. No, not because of football, I've never been a Poke fan. I'm embarrassed, because of this article. They are complaining about not being competitive in attracting students, because they don't get enough financial aid.

I think I've heard this before.

I remember hearing them say that they weren't competitive enough in sports, because their facilities aren't nice enough. Gee, I remember driving through Stillwater recently and I saw the stadium looking better and a neighborhood leveled to build an "athletic village," with a ridiculous donation from T. Boone Pickens. I still don't see OSU winning championships in anything except wrestling and golf (and at that who really cares).

So, OSU have those new facilities helped you? I think not.

OSU, has turned into a whiny, pity poor me university. They don't have the vision to eliminate issues before they arise. They aren't proactive and a fair amount of reporting about OSU is complaint, because they aren't good enough, smart enough and dog gone it people don't like them.

OSU is the whiny younger sibling of OU and instead of positivly marketing their school, they complain, because they are in OU's shadow. OSU needs to step out and chart a course based on what they do well (they never talk about that). OSU needs a better attitude and a PR turn around. OSU is an A & M even if that isn't their name. They should be building up those areas and they should try to become the MIT of the south and they should stop trying to do be a liberal arts college. If you walk their campus, ag and engineering get a lot less and they are what that college is really good at (don't mention the ATRC-engineering students don't really have class or lab in there). It a shame they can't see their potential and are desperately trying to be what they aren't.

Even thought J and I went there we have not liked the direction the university has taken since we left and we have no intention of sending our children there. Heck, I'd rather see them go to Texas and Texas to an OU fan may as well be the anti-Christ (just kidding).

1 comment:

Carina said...

I agree completely. The old alma mater should just stick to what they're good at and be proud of it.