Monday, December 05, 2005

Am I really pregnant?

I must admit this pregnancy so far has been different. I just don’t feel pregnant. Am I complaining? NO! I just know at this point with V. and J. I was experiencing queasiness. My only flare-ups have been when I was too hungry or very hot. The hot one has only happened in the shower (since it’s way to cold to be hot any other time right now). I am getting a little bit more tired. My first appointment is set for Thursday in Norman, but we may have snow so I may have to cancel.

I’m not too thrilled with the hospital up here where we live. I am still waiting to tour the maternity ward, it’s like pulling eye teeth to get a tour. I’m not one to sign on to a hospital I don’t want to go to. I’ve toured wards before and it takes very little time. Especially at smaller hospitals where the wards aren’t very busy. All it takes is a free nurse and about 10-15 minutes, when the mom has few questions.

Perhaps I’m being to picky, but let me run these numbers by you. The average prices in Oklahoma are around $2,200 to the doctor for prenatal care and delivery fee, $7,000 for the hospital for a 2-day stay and no complications. This doesn’t include lab work or ultrasounds. Fortunately we have insurance, but I still get to shell out $800 out of pocket. That’s fine, I’m not complaining about what I’m paying to have a baby, but I want to have this kid where I want and delivered by whomever I choose. Jonathan understands and agrees. Some people think I’m crazy to stay with my mom the last month if I don’t like this hospital, but comfort in labor, delivery and recovery, and plenty of people to watch the kids while I’m in the hospital mean a lot to me. Right now Norman in winning the hospital debate.

I’m going to add a new photo album for pregnancy soon. We’ve taken a few pictures of my stomach and will update to watch it expand. To some that may be gross, but you don’t have to look at the pictures if you don’t want to. As of tomorrow I will be 7 weeks pregnant.

Coming Soon: THE NAME GAME!

No comments: