Monday, December 05, 2005

Goblet of Fire


I know I blogged on the Harry Potter movie before it came out, but I haven’t since we went to see it. I will say I’m glad to know I’m not the only HP obsessed person out there. We had tickets to see it the day it came out the IMAX at 2:20 in the afternoon, since Jonathan’s Aunt passed we exchanged our tickets for the next Saturday.

WOW! We arrived 25 minutes early and were in the last 20 people in line! We ended up on the second row; I had wanted to sit farther back. Oh, well.

The movie did not disappoint! It was fun, a bit freaky and it remained true enough to the book to satisfy me. Did I have issues with it? Yes. Enough to not enjoy it or recommend it? No. I must admit I would have sat through 6 hours and an intermission if it would have been possible. We all must deal with things being cut from our books for the sake of time in a movie. Now I’m just getting very impatient again waiting for book 7 and movie 4 on DVD! I guess I’ll go through and check out the books on tape or CD again to listen to while I work on the house and for our Christmas and New Years road trips. I love books on tape for the car.

No comments: