Monday, December 19, 2005

Something had to break

Okay, so I know it is colder other places, but seriously I am ready for a Hawaiian Island right about now.  More than just heat I desperately want to see the sun.  I am very tired of this dreary overcast winter-and it’s not officially winter yet.

As Christmas and New Years are fast approaching something has to break.  At the moment it is the car.  It still runs, but we have a clog somewhere in the power steering pump.  Now the car makes a fantastic RRRRRRRRRRRR noise every time you turn a corner.  Jonathan’s parents were more than kind and drove up last night to loan Jonathan their 1979 Triumph Spitfire (not their car, but similar).  This is a very fun car that Jonathan drove in college when we began dating.  The only problem is the thermostat is broken.  The high today was supposed to be 33.  I don’t know if it made it.  Jonathan got ready for work (slacks, nice shirt, dress shoes, very good looking) and had to put his coveralls on to drive to work.  My job is to take the grinding Lincoln to buy the new fuel pump, thermostat and a space heater.  Defiantly cheaper then a trip to the shop.

No comments: