Wednesday, May 03, 2006

NO soda for you!

I’m not a soda drinker.  I drink 64 oz. of water a day (80 oz when pregnant) and cranberry juice.  For me it’s just a matter of knowing and doing what’s best for me.  As a kid I didn’t care, Dr. Pepper was my friend.

This new measure being taken to eliminate pop in schools I find silly.  Do they honestly think that if a kid wants a soft drink he won’t bring one in for the day from home or a convenience store?  That’s like saying not supplying alcohol to minors in my high school meant they didn’t bring it in (I never did, but I know several teens who were never caught).

This is a noble effort, but honestly knowing the mentality of children, they will do what they can to get around there not being any in the vending machines.  As long as it isn’t band from school grounds I primarily see decreased sales, not less pop.

No comments: