Thursday, February 16, 2006

Don't drink and drive.

I’ll be honest; yes I went to OSU (Oklahoma State, not Ohio State), even though I grew up in Norman and am an OU fan.  I went initially to get an Ag Com degree, so I could be a 4-H agent.  Then reality set in and I decided I didn’t want to do that, by that time I was engaged to Jonathan.  I remained in Stillwater for several more years after we got married while he was still in school.

I’ve seen lots of OSU big wigs around town and one I never really cared for was Eddie Sutton.  It has nothing to do with the fact that I’m not an OSU fan.  My issue was with simple things like the fact that when I waited table at a local restaurant, only seasoned servers were allowed to wait on him, for the simple fact that they knew they wouldn’t get tipped or they would get a meager one.  I’m not saying the dude is wealthy and should tip above and beyond, but he was notorious for giving next to nothing (10%-15% is better then nothing when you make $2.15 and hour).  He also wasn’t not very nice, at least from our position as wait staff (I must admit that can be subjective).

Regardless of my dislike of the man, I’m sorry to see his career (potentially) end like this.  I have to go with some commentators; he should have stopped, when he got to the final 4 years back, going out on top is better then going down like this.  I also think that since his son and another coach were headed to the airport someone could have driven him, people witnessed issues in the parking lot before he left.  It’s a sad situation.  I hope he gets the help he needs.

No comments: