Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's a small, small world.

The MOM’s meeting was pretty good last night.  I had a funny experience though.

The girl who led the Storks (pregnant or under 1 yr old) meeting was talking briefly about her husband and she said something about him being an engineer.  I enquired before we went to the regular meeting as to what kind of engineering he was in.  He happens to be a mechanical engineer.  I told her that Jonathan was mechanical/aerospace.  She asked where he worked, and her husband used to work there.

The next part is where it gets funny.  We leave the room and her husband is standing in the hall, and she tells him where my husband works.  He looks at me and says, “Ya, Jonathan.  I just met him today.”  What are the odds that this guy is doing freelance work where Jonathan works (on one of the projects he is heading up no less) and that he would meet him the same day I meet him and his wife.

It just goes to show you, “it’s small world after all.”

I apologize if you now have that song stuck in you head.

No comments: