Monday, February 27, 2006

Sorry for the light blogging

I have been a bad blogger.  I know I have been lacking in posts, particularly of substance.  Then again this is a blog, substance is nice, but not required.  

A head cold has passed its dark cloud over our house; I’m just guessing it has something to do with the weather.  Oklahoma has had a screwy winter.  It’s been between 50 and 60 degrees for the most part with a few days intermixed with snow, ice and bitter cold.  It has also been very dry (I want some rain), I’m glad we didn’t seed the yard this fall like we had wanted, I’m pretty sure it would have been a waste (I’ve been very lazy about watering since we moved).

I did finally rent the first disc of season 1 of 24.  While Jonathan and I were feeling like poo we watched it and I went and rented the 2nd.  The next day (Sunday) we didn’t go to church, because we still felt like total poo, and I rented discs 3-5.  We finished 3 and 4.  That show is the most involved, longest movie ever, and it’s addictive.  We’ll probably watch disc 5 tonight since Jonathan is taking Tuesday off and I bet we’ll finish season 1 Tuesday.  

Victoria rented Toy Story 2 and has watched it over and over, but she and Jackson aren’t well either, so if it keeps them down, great.  She said it’s the greatest cartoon she’s ever seen.  I remember being that way about The Jungle Book cartoon when I was about 7 or 8.  We did take a break from being cooped up, and sick and took a short walk yesterday and played for a bit in the yard.  We all needed a bit of sunshine.

Tomorrow the homeschool group is having a field trip to the bowling alley.  We get to go behind and see what happens to the balls and how the pins are set up and the kids are going to learn bowling etiquette and we get to bowl cheap.  That’s why Jonathan is taking tomorrow off, this way we get to take her bowling for the first time together and we can trade off taking care of Jackson.  It should be fun.

No comments: