Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dave Ramsey's FPU

Financial Peace University. I am embarking on a commitment to my family. Jonathan knows our finances, but I am the one to take care of them. It’s easier for me to juggle them right after breakfast and it gives Jonathan the chance to be with the kids and not worry about it in the evening. I update him and periodically and when he asks, if I don’t have the answer it is at my finger types.

My problem is my spending. Jonathan got a raise and I just spend more, not much more, but more. I’m not increasing our savings, I’m not focusing on retirement and I’m not paying down our debt as quickly as I possible can. Now, I am embarking on a new financial journey, one to my family’s financial peace. I decided to do this too late to join a class here in town, but I am going to work on my own until the next one starts. I’m telling you all this, so that even though I am doing it alone, I’m not completely on my own. I’ll keep you posted on my progress. Maybe if I do well it will inspire others to work toward their own financial peace.

On your mark, get set, GO!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Thanks! There have been days lately I've wondered if anyone reads this or if this is just my place to write for myself! I've lamost finished the book Financial Peace Revisited and I am on CD 7. My Rush Limbaugh time has been cut short. I'll have the CD's done soon and then I'm going through them again with the workbook.