Wednesday, October 05, 2005

They say...


…the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. Well, I’m not sure I won Jonathan that way, but today I was on the maintenance plan. I made one heck of a dinner and I was very proud, we all ate until we were almost sick.

When the front started through I started to cook. Some of you know that I love to bake, but I’ve never been a great cook. I taught myself today how to make a killer marinade for steak and made a huge batch of scalloped potatoes (one of Jonathan’s favorite foods). When he got home the grill was almost hot and the potatoes were almost done. I don’t cook like this in the summer. I may make steak, but I never run my oven if I can help it.

He was very happy and the steak was great. I am ready to continue cooking until it gets hot again. The only thing that would be better is having my old stove in the house. It’s too bad it’s in the garage still. I have to remove the drop-in and cut out some cabinet to get it in. It’s a 1940’s model Chamber type B, very similar to Rachel Ray’s on 30 minute meals. The only real difference is the back is taller on mine.

No comments: