Thursday, October 13, 2005

My Decision

I announced my decision to Jonathan last night regarding my bachelors in engineering. I am pursuing the degree for the wrong reasons. I have been out to prove to others that I am smarter then they think I am, and also because everyone has told me I need to get a degree in something.

What I have proved is that I can, and at the top of my class if I want to. The fact is I don’t want to. I have nothing to prove to anyone anymore. I know that I am damn smart, and capable of great things. Now it is time for me to reevaluate where I am headed. My current focus is on educating my children; I know I will learn much along the way. Jonathan has plans business wise that he wants to pursue; now we need to evaluate those dreams and goals.

I have never had any intention of really using my degree. I can write patents if I want without it and Jonathan will be able to help on the technical end. I’m going to stop throwing money into that abyss. If I choose to go back later, it will still be there for me.

It all comes down to one thing. I’m good enough, I’m smart enough and dog gone it people like me. Even if the don’t I don’t really care, I like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about damn time YOU figured it out. We all knew you were smart enough, you just never applied yourself! And I say if you are going to get a degree it should be in something you really want to learn about, what ever it may be. When it comes right down to it you learn what you really need to know on the job, the degree justs proves you can stick with something. (Okay there are a few exceptions)